Are you wondering, “How much will it cost to replace my roof in Johns Creek?” You’re not alone.
You’ve been thinking, “is it time to replace my roof in Johns Creek?” As a homeowner, roof replacement can strike fear into your heart! The expense, the time, and the commitment can feel overwhelming. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Roof replacement can be costly, but a quality contractor can save you thousands in years to come. Read on to learn about the basics of roof replacement.
Many different factors can increase the cost of roof replacement. One of the first decisions you’ll need to make is the type of material. Here are some options:
- Asphalt composition shingles are a common choice for residential roofing. They’re inexpensive and readily available, but they aren’t as attractive as some other roofing options.
- Wood shingles are beautiful and durable, but they may not be a good choice in an area with a high risk of fire damage.
- Ceramic (clay) tile is quite popular in the southern regions of the country. Metal and composite materials that mimic the red clay look are a common substitute.
- Slate roofing is attractive and popular, though it’s one of the most expensive options, and can be difficult to repair when damaged.
- Composition slate is an alternative to slate roofing. Composition slate is light and made from 95% recycled materials. It’s an excellent choice for environmentally-minded homeowners.
- Metal roofing is a newer option, but it’s becoming popular fast. Metal roofing more expensive than other materials, but it is durable. This durability means fewer roof replacements over the lifetime of a house. Some people find that investing in metal roofing becomes beneficial over time.
The pitch of your roof is a consideration that may increase the cost of your roofing job. The steeper your roof is; the steeper the price will be. Your roof’s square footage is an important consideration because larger jobs are more expensive. During your free estimate, we’ll give you an idea of labor and materials costs. It makes sense that you’ll want to check in with different companies before making a decision. Write down questions you have about roof replacement before meeting with roofing companies. Then, compare the answers from each company as you work to make a final decision.
Don’t Go Cheap
The cost of roof replacement varies from home to home. Some roof replacements cost as little as $7,000, while others run upwards of $50,000. Choose a contractor based on their reputation, work quality, and professionalism. We get it – it’s tempting to accept the cheapest offer, but you get what you pay for. Your roof is too important to the safety and protection of your house to go with anything less than the best.
If it’s time to replace your roof, you want to work with a dependable company that will give you high value for your money. You need a sturdy, reliable roof to protect your home for years to come. If you’ve been saying “it’s time to replace my roof,” click or call our team at Cornerstone Roofing today for a free estimate and roof inspection at 770-844-9800.