Cumming, GA Roofer
When Forsyth County storms cause roof hail damage, wind damage, rain and water damage, it is oftentimes covered by insurance. Insurance companies vary on documentation needed for a valid claim, but all share some common ground. When reading any insurance policy, interpretation and understanding is everything. Before you get too comfortable with the idea of a brand new roof with no out of pocket expense from you, there are things you must know as property owner and policyholder.
Forsyth County Roofing
1. There’s usually a deductible involved. Depending on your policy, this could range from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars. The insurance company sends out an adjuster to estimate the cost of the roof repair or replacement (which is based on a number of criteria). Your deductible is then subtracted from that amount and the balance is paid out to you and/or your roofing contractor.
2. Your damaged roof’s previous condition and age will be factored in. Expect depreciation.
3. The cause of your damage may or may not be covered by your policy. Your insurance agent will advise you on your particular coverage.
4. Your settlement will depend on the amount of coverage you took out.
5. Your new roof may require an upgrade to new building codes. Your insurance company may or may not cover the difference in cost of new code requirements between the old roof and the new roof. Be sure to ask your insurance agent.
Suwanee roofer, Cornerstone Roofing, understands that the claims process may be new to you and will assist wherever needed, including coordinating inspections in order to return your life to normal as soon as possible. We inspect your roof and prepare a full report of the damage, including diagrams and pictures, along with an estimate (including scope of work), to repair or replace your damaged residential or commercial roof.
Suwanee Insulation Installers
We will explain the different materials available to you and their warranties (how long and if they are transferable). Style and color will have to be considered, balancing personal taste with architectural style. This is also a perfect time to improve inadequate attic ventilation, if needed. From initial estimate to final clean-up, Cornerstone Roofing will complete your storm damaged roof repair or replacement on time and within budget.